- Antibiotic Antimycotic Solution (AAS) is used to control bacterial and fungal contamination in culture medi.
- Hank’s Balanced Salt Solution (HBSS) maintains pH and osmotic balance, provides cells with water and essential inorganic ions, and washes cells before Trypsin/EDTA treatment during subculture. HBSS is designed for use with cells maintained in non-CO2 atmospheric conditions.
- L-Glutamine Is an essential amino acid supplement and energy source for cell culture media, important for cell growth, division & function, protein & amino acid synthesis.
- Phenol Red, typically used at 11 mg/L, is used widely in culture media to identify changes from neutral to acidic pH values, the latter signifying contamination or cell over-growth. It imparts an increasingly yellow color as pH drops below 6.4, and a deepening red color at a pH of 8.2 and above.
- Sodium Chloride Solution (NaCl), at 0.155M, is physiologically suitable for for general cell culture work, such as washing cells or diluting compounds for cell treatment.
- Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH), which neutralizes acids, can be used as a general titration base for cell culture applications.
- Calcium Chloride Solution is formulated to induce polymerization of Sodium Alginate.
- Chondrogenesis Kit contains all media & solutions for the encapsulization of chondrocytes in alginate beads
- Sodium Alginate encapsulates chondrocytes to maintain their phenotypic characterization after isolation or to induce cultured chondrocytes to re-differentiate to chondrocytes.
- Depolymerization Solution (DS) consists of sodium citrate, and dissolves alginate beads to release re-differentiated chondrocytes.
- Remove Chondrocyte Differentiation Medium
- Wash the beads 2 times with 0.155 M NaCl
- Add 3 volume of Depolymerizatiojn Solution per volume of packed alginate beads
- Mix at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Apply gentle agitation until the beads have completely dissolved
- Pellet re-differentiated chondrocytes at 1000 rpm for 10 minutes
- Wash the cells 2 times with 0.155 M NaCl
|Kit Component||Cat. No.||Storage|
|Sodium Alginate Solution||072-25||25C|
|Sodium Chloride Solution||074-100||25C|
|Calcium Chloride Solution||071-100||25C|
|Chondrocyte Differentiation Medium||411D-250||4C|
Cat. No. 062-100 / 100 ml
Sterile 1X solution, ready-to-use
|Antibiotic Antimycotic Solution (100x): 100X Solution, inhibits bacteria & fungal growth in media||Size: 100 ml||CAT.#: 010-100||Price: $27.00|
|Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) Solution: CaCl2 solution||Size: 100 ml||CAT.#: 071-100||Price: $32.00|
|Chondrogenesis Kit: Encapsulization of Chondrocytes in Alginate Beads (See details tab for specifics)||Size: 1 Kit||CAT.#: 072K||Price: $199.00|
|Depolymerization Solution: Sodium citrate to dissolve alginate beads||Size: 50 ml||CAT.#: 073-50||Price: $30.00|
|DPBS, 1X: 1X DPBS, without calcium & magnesium||Size: 500 ml||CAT.#: 032-500||Price: $21.00|
|HBSS: 1X HBSS for washing of cells before Trypsin/EDTA treatment||Size: 100 ml||CAT.#: 062-100||Price: $18.00|
|Sodium Alginate Solution: Semi-solid gel for cell encapsulation||Size: 25 ml||CAT.#: 072-25||Price: $32.00|
|0.155 M Sodium Chloride (NaCl): 0.155 M NaCl Physiological saline solution||Size: 100 ml||CAT.#: 074-100||Price: $19.00|
|0.155 M Sodium Chloride (NaCl): 0.155 M NaCl Physiological saline solution||Size: 250 ml||CAT.#: 074-250||Price: $30.00|
|Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH): NaOH solution||Size: 100 ml||CAT.#: 012-100||Price: $27.00|
|Phenol Red: Phenol Red (Minimum 10 vial order)||Size: 1 ml||CAT.#: 011-01||Price: $11.00|
|Phenol Red: Phenolsulfonphthalein solution (pH indicator added to media)||Size: 10 ml||CAT.#: 011-10||Price: $54.00|
|Lysis Buffer: For mammalian cell lysis.||Size: 5 ml||CAT.#: 030-005||Price: $22.00|
|L-Glutamine: Amino acid supplement for cell culture media, important for cell growth & function||Size: 100 ml||CAT.#: 013-100||Price: $33.00|