The Growth Medium is a complete medium with growth supplements already added to Basal Medium. Because it is ready for use, Growth Medium is the most popular cell Medium format.
Growth Medium Kit:
For the Growth Medium Kits, Basal Medium and Growth Supplements are packaged separately. The Kit format provides researchers the flexibility to adjust supplements as needed.
Basal Medium is a defined medium that contains essential and nonessential amino acids, vitamins, inorganic salts, organic compounds, and trace elements, but does not contain the Growth Supplements necessary for cell growth.
Growth Supplements include cell-specific Growth Factors, antibiotics, with or without serum. Each Growth Supplement is optimized for its specific cell type. When the Growth Supplements are added to the Basal Medium it forms the Growth Medium.
Special Application Cell Media:
Also available from Cell Applications are the specially formulated media:
- Differentiation Medium: For induction of in vitro cell differentiation.
- Maintenance Medium: It is a serum-free medium used to eliminate extraneous factors for drug treatment evaluation.
- Starvation Medium: For metabolism studies.
- Freezing Medium: For cryopreservation of cells for long-term storage.
Subculture Reagent Kit:
Our Subculture Reagents are specially formulated for use with Cell Applications adherent primary cells. We do not recommend the use of non-Cell Applications reagents for subculturing procedures. Components are available as a kit or individually:
- HBSS: Hanks Balanced Salt Solution
- Trypsin Neutralizing Solution